11 of the Best Outdoor Dining Venues in Louth
Updated: Aug 26, 2022
The sea louth scenic seafood trail has no shortage of fabulous outdoor dining options. Where better to soak up the last of the summer sunshine?
The Glyde Inn, Annagassan
Here are eleven of our favourite restaurants with outdoor dining space:
1. The Glyde Inn, Annagassan, has it all – a cosy pub at the front, a bright and airy restaurant area AND a spacious seafront terrace, with expansive views out over Dundalk Bay, as far as the Cooley and Mourne Mountains. Not to mention a mouth-watering selection of local seafood specials.
2. The Clermont in Blackrock’s recent transformation included the addition of a generously sized all-weather outdoor seating area. Choose from fresh local seafood dishes such as prawn skillet, open prawn sandwich and, of course, fish and chips.
3. Soak up the buzzing atmosphere of Market Square, Dundalk, at one of The Market Bar’s outdoor tables.
4. Just across the square, Square Dundalk, recently launched a small plates menu, and the ‘Parklet’ terrace is the ideal place from which to people watch, as well as enjoy some award-winning seasonal cuisine.
5. Nothing beats the taste of fish and chips fresh off the boats at Port Oriel Harbour, Clogherhead, and it’s no surprise that the Fisherman’s Catch van here is one of the most popular outdoor dining locations in Louth.
6. The pretty outdoor courtyard of The Bare Food Company in Drogheda is a real suntrap, and tasty specials include The Barefood poke bowl with prawns. Keep hold of your receipt, which counts as one of the two restaurant stamps needed to complete your sea louth passport.
7. Fitzpatrick’s Restaurant is handy for both Dundalk and Carlingford, and its flower-filled beer garden is the ideal place to dine on a selection of daily seafood specials, including lobster, prawns, monkfish, mussels and more.
8. Watch the world go by whilst dining on the freshest local seafood at D’Vine Restaurant and Tapas Bar in the centre of Drogheda. In addition to bistro-style tables out front that wouldn’t look out of place in the Mediterranean, out back, here is an all-weather outdoor dining space which is heated and covered during chillier months.
9. The atmospheric courtyard at Kingfisher Bistro is overlooked by Carlingford Heritage Centre, a striking 13thcentury former church. Dine on delectable seafood specials, such as dover sole and Asian-style cod.
10. The Spotted Dog in Dundalk offers bistro-style seating out front, as well as an attractive covered terrace to the side, which is comfortable well into the autumn.
11. Snap up a table on the terrace at Drogheda’s Scholars Townhouse Hotel, where you can enjoy seafood specials such as Spiced ‘Ndjua Mussels and Oysters with Dill and Lemon Emulsion.
When dining along the sea louth trail, collect 10 scenic viewpoint stamps from 14 uniquely designed stamps available, and two restaurant receipts. Once complete, take your passport in to the tourist office in Carlingford, Dundalk or Drogheda and exchange for your exclusive sea louth memento!
Browse a full list of restaurants participating in the trail here.
Keywords: sea louth, scenic seafood trail, Louth restaurants, Louth seafood restaurants, things to do in Louth, Louth events, summer in Louth, outdoor dining louth, restaurant with terrace louth