Eating out with children in Louth is easier than you might think, with a wide choice of family-friendly restaurants. Louth may be the smallest county in Ireland, but it boasts an abundance of mouth-watering fresh seafood and farm-to-fork produce. Little and not-so little ones will be spoilt for choice! The sea louth scenic seafood trail features over 40 restaurants in the county, most of which are delighted to welcome families, with dedicated kids’ menus and changing facilities. Here is our pick of some the most family-friendly dining in Louth:
1. Fitzpatrick’s in Jenkinstown is the ideal place to stop for a bite to eat if you are en route to Carlingford or spending the day at the beautiful Blue Flag Beach of Templetown.
2. In an idyllic rural setting, The Riverbank in Killanny is a classic country pub with oodles of charm and ample grounds for little legs to run off steam.
3. The pirate-themed Smugglers Rest in Clogherhead offers a wonderfully unique twist on the casual dining experience, with the ‘Little Pirates’ menu catering for pint-sized diners.
4. Offering an all-day dining, Rock Salt Café boasts a deceptively spacious interior, with baby change facilities and a dedicated menu for kids. This is the café’s second location; the original out in Blackrock continuing to attract discerning diners of all ages.
5. If you are looking for a family-friendly restaurant in Drogheda, look no further than the Black Bull Inn, a family-run local landmark for over 40 years with a range of menus served daily from noon.
6. Not far from Dundalk, Callan’s is a popular spot for families owing to their menus which appeal to all. We especially love the dedicated burger menu featuring (our favourite, no surprise!) the golden scampi burger.
7. There are plenty of options for eating out with kids in Dundalk, including The Kingfisher Restauranton Park Street. This family friendly eatery have not one, but two, port hole aquariums filled with colourful Koi fish. See if you can spot the sunken treasure, or if you would like to help feed the fish you must first locate and unlock the secret hidden door! Meals on the under 12’s menu start from just €5.50, including jelly and ice cream plus a choice of drink.
8. A firm favourite with local families, the Monasterboice Inn is a short hop off the M1, within easy reach of Drogheda. An extensive children’s menu and spacious interior make for a very pleasant family dining experience.
9. Don’t be fooled by the plush, designer interior, the new-look The Clermont in Blackrock is a fab spot for families, not least because of its beach-front location. The tempting ‘Cygnets’ menu includes pizza, burger, fish bites and more.
10. Looking for a family-friendly restaurant in Carlingford? Try PJ O’Hares. Why not introduce your budding foodies to the freshest oysters, straight from the local beds? There is also a kids menu, including classics such as cod or chicken goujons with skinny fries.
11. The Valley Inn, Mullary, serves traditional pub grub and is known locally for its friendly service. With ample space between tables, too, it is a great choice for family dining in Louth.
View the most up-to-date list of restaurants participating in the sea louth scenic seafood trail here.
Keywords: sea louth, scenic seafood trail, family-friendly dining Louth, family-friendly restaurants Louth, eating out with children Louth, Louth family-friendly places to eat