Updated: Apr 5
Louth is the place to be this Easter! As well as lots of fun Easter events for all the family to enjoy, the long weekend presents the perfect opportunity to head out on the scenic seafood trail and fill your sea louth passport with scenic viewpoint and restaurants stamps.
1. The Smugglers Rest in Clogherhead, one of over 40 fabulous restaurants participating in the sea louth trail, is hosting an Easter Bunny ‘meet and greet’. Be sure to opt for the local seafood special and keep your receipt, which counts as one of the two restaurants stamps needed to complete your sea louth passport.
2. Collect two scenic viewpoint stamps as you take the Easter Eggspress Train from Drogheda to Dundalk for a nostalgic 30-minute ride on the steam locomotive Merlin 85.
3. Highlanes Gallery, a Drogheda scenic viewpoint stamp collection point, is hosting a children’s workshop based on their brilliant exhibition, WE ARE HERE. The workshop is suitable for kids aged 5-12 and costs €8 per child. The 90-minute workshop takes place at 11.30am on Thursday 14th April.
4. The Boyne Fishermans Rescue Boathouse, also in Drogheda, is hosting a drive-in cinema event on 24th April, showing three blockbuster movies back-to-back. Tickets are priced at €25 per car.
5. The Louth Culture Quest is a fantastic futuristic, county-wide arts and culture treasure hunt devised by the An Táin Arts Centre in Dundalk. Download the Louth Culture Quest App and locate 20 artworks scattered throughout the county.
6. PJ O’Hare’s in Carlingford promises a live music-packed Easter weekend, kicking off on Wednesday 13th, with nightly gigs as well as full food service. With tempting chefs specials including seafood chowder and seafood tacos, you’ll have your sea louth restaurant stamps collected in no time!
7. Grab your sea louth passport from Drogheda, Dundalk or Carlingford Tourist Office, or print one out at home, head off and explore Ireland’s first scenic seafood trail. Once you have collected 10 of the available 14 unique scenic viewpoint stamps, and two restaurant stamps, bring your passport along to a Louth tourist office and exchange for an exclusive sea louth memento!
Full details on scenic viewpoint stamp collection points and restaurants participating in the sea louth trail, can be found on our website. Passports have no expiry date, so you can dip in and out of the trail and collect stamps at your leisure.
Keywords: sea louth, scenic seafood trail, Louth restaurants, Louth seafood restaurants, Easter in Louth, things to do in Louth